German Taxi Driver and Spanish Student win Nissan’s GT Academy

Nissan GT Academy PlaystationLars Schlomer, a 28-year-old taxi driver from Bonn, Germany and Lucas Ordonez, a 23-year-old MBA student from Spain are the winners of the GT Academy, an international driving competition organized by PlayStation and Nissan. The pair beat 20 other competitors from across Europe during the five-day GT Academy international final at the British racetrack Silverstone. Now both winners will have to put their lives on hold as they face a four-month intensive training program with Nissan’s race team to earn their racing license and compete in the Dubai 24hr endurance race in January 2009. -Continued

“I can’t believe it. This is a dream come true,” said Lucas Ordoňez after his. “I knew this would be difficult and I did not expect to win, but I just took each day as it came and tried to push to my maximum,” he added.

Lars Schlomer said: “I have wanted this for the last ten years of my life but I just never had the chance. This is amazing. I truly would have been heartbroken if I hadn’t won. I would not have entered this competition if I did not believe I could win because coming to Silverstone and not winning would have been like giving a dog a bone and then taking it away again!”