Lee Iacocca Takes A Hit On Snoopy Dog & George Bush

If you’re into cars than needless to say you know Lee Iacocca. If not, well, we shouldn’t be doing this but in a nutshell, he’s one of the most renown businessmen in the U.S. widely know for the revival of Chrysler Group in the 1980’s when he was the CEO of the American carmaker. Iacocca has been interviewed by the guys at “Detail” magazine that hits newsstands on October 2, 2007.

Among other things, Iacocca spills his guts on President Bush stating, “There’s something wrong philosophically with how Bush’s brain works-I feel sorry for him”. Of course he also said that he campaigned for Bush because he knew his mother and father for 30-years, and that isn't something smart in our books… You can check out what Iaccoca had to say about his Chrysler’s souvenirs, the perils of riding in Snoop Dogg’s golf cart and more after the jump. -Continued

Via: Details

On campaigning for President Bush: “I campaigned for George because I knew his mother and dad for 30 years, and I figured he was from pretty good stock. But Jeb was being groomed too-they got the wrong kid. There’s something wrong philosophically with how Bush’s brain works-I feel sorry for him. I used to think Gore was nuts in his worrying about global warming, but he was ahead of his time.”

On the most important business advice he has gotten: “My first boss at Ford, Charlie Beacham said, ‘If you don’t know a dollop of horseshit from a dollop of vanilla ice cream, you’ve got a problem. You’ll never figure it out.’ And my father would say, ‘Just worry about day-to-day. Live life to the fullest every day. The sun’s going to come out-it always does.”

On his Chrysler souvenirs: “I have a viper and one of the last wooden K cars, a convertible. That’s all I kept-a Woodie and a Viper.”

On working with Snoop Dogg on a commercial for charity: “Well, he had a bunch of big, tough-looking guys guarding his air-conditioned RV. The director would be yelling for him, and he was in his RV, maybe having a little puff of some kind. He was a nice kid, but when he drove the golf cart-jeez, he scared the hell out of me. There was a steep hill, and he said, ‘Wouldn’t it be something if you and I rolled over in this cart?’ I said, ‘Cool it, snoop.’”

On Jimmy Hoffa: “I was in a restaurant where he got abducted in the day it happened. They never found his body, but they were pouring all that concrete for that new highway right through the area where he got abducted. I always speculated that it would be a natural place to dumb somebody.”

On Jack Nicholson: “I once went to a party Jack Nicholson was at, at a friend of mine’s house in Beverly Hills. I was wearing my brown-and-white saddle shoes, and he had black-and-white. So even before we got to know each other, I said, “I like your shoes!” He said, “I like yours, too.”